How to Be a Leader
There is no specific formula for showing good leadership, but there are a number of ways to demonstrate it. Here are some actions to consider as you lead within your sphere of influence:
· Learn constantly.
· Teach others and share resources.
· Encourage others.
· Identify the strengths in others and boast about them for those reasons.
· Be a mentor to someone who needs your support.
· Be inclusive of everyone in spaces you are involved in.
· Listen openly and actively when engaging with someone.
· Be proactive in anticipating the needs of others.
· When you have power and influence, share that privilege with others so that they can share their opinions and make their own choices.
· Be of service to those who need help.
· Embrace your unique qualities. By doing so, you encourage others to embrace theirs.
· Manage your emotions and never display anger to others.
· Operate with integrity.
· Be open to new ideas while remaining true to your identity and values.
· Set boundaries and take care of yourself first before you can address the needs of others.
· Show that you value others.
· Keep a positive attitude and hopeful outlook on life.
· Embrace your calling and passion. By doing so, you are moving towards achieving your greatest potential and inspiring positive change in the world.